As a Wealthy Christian it should be your desire and privilege to give from the finances He has blessed you with into your local church congregation. Giving of tithes and offerings is really important as a Christian. Why?
- It honours God – His word talks about giving back into His storehouse. When He blesses us with finances and we give some back to His church, it allows His works to continue.
- It shows your faith – you are showing that you trust God and His people to make use of the portion of your finances you’re being generous with.
- It helps with planning – for those who oversee the financial side of a church, regular offerings allow them to plan for services, give into missions and plan for outreach.
- It helps with missions – many missions are supported by church congregations. This can only happen if church members regularly give of their finances.
- It supports God’s work – this links back in with the first point. God’s work is able to be carried out because His people honour Him by giving of what He’s first blessed them with.
When you earn finances, thanking God should be your first thought. This should then be followed by honouring God by giving back into His house.