Deuteronomy 8:18 – ‘You must remember the Lord your God, for he is the one who gives ability to get wealth…’
Some people seem to have this incredible knack for generating wealth. Do you know of someone who has amassed a fortune by 30 years of age? Or perhaps you’ve read about the 21 year old who has just purchased their fourth investment property?
There are those who can naturally make sales or wise investments. I believe however, if we desire to generate wealth to build God’s kingdom and we’re willing to listen to Him, he can help us learn to generate wealth. We can learn skills that will slowly and steadily generate a return that can be given back to God.
After all, it’s the same God who has made us all. It is not beyond his power to help us accumulate wealth. But we have to be willing to do things on God’s terms. Rick Warren, author of the Purpose Driven Life outlines a simple but effective concept for wealth builders:
- Acknowledge that it is God who gives us the ability to generate wealth. Give him the credit for it.
- With your business skill, use it to meet the needs of others and to spread the Gospel.
- Give a tithe of your earnings back into the church as an act of worship. (Don’t feel you have to limit your giving to 10% though!)
Don’t ever feel that you cannot produce wealth. If you are able to have money coming in, then you have the ability to save and it goes from here. How much you earn is up to you and God. Likewise, how much you save is down to using your finances wisely – which can be guided by God. Remember always, it is God who gives you the ability to produce wealth. Ask him to help you in this area, but remember always to acknowledge him in your earnings.
It is my prayer for you:
- That you will be excited by the fact that it is God who grants you the ability to generate wealth, no one else.
- That you will always acknowledge where your wealth comes from.
- That you will desire to be a good steward of all finances entrusted to you.
Lord I thank you that generating wealth isn’t solely down to me – you grant me the ability! Help me to be wise with my finances and to make wise decisions with regards to work and opportunities to earn and save.
Be proactive six days a week to bring in income, develop residual income and increase the value of your property; rest on the seventh day knowing you have been hard working and that God not only ordains, but insists on His people resting so they don’t burn out.